January Monthly Wrap-up!

February 2, 2016

January will always be a wild month for me. Especially as a college student with the first half of the month being winter break and the later half being the start of the spring semester, which makes it a groggy transition compared to the three to four months of break from spring semester into autumn semester students typically get from the summer. Not only that but, being that it's the first month of the new year, it's the time of year when everyone's trying to stay on task with their resolutions. Normally I would compile a nice list of five to ten resolutions but I figured that I would just keep it nice and simple this year. Go through each day with a more optimistic mindset! And I owe this one to a good friend.

"No matter how bad things seem to be, it can always be worse. Smile daily and laugh frequently because life is a beautiful thing."

January 1st, 2016 - Happy New Year!
Did someone say, "cheese and sausages with crackers"? Yes please and that's exactly what we chowed down on for lunch basically throughout this entire day while kicking back and finally knocking out Kill Bill 2! In truth, it didn't feel like new years all too much with the warm weather. Heck I was able to walk outside wearing a skirt and no stockings and a jacket without looking like a mad woman, which technically isn't all that rare of an occurrence.
Spent the afternoon editing some video projects while everyone else was fairly occupied playing Mario Party. Once the clock struck 5pm, it was time to get cooking! You guys didn't seriously think that we would just allow the holiday to go by without a magnificent feast made for kings and queens did you?
January 3rd, 2016 - Hair transformation
Every new year I like to make little changes here and there to make it feel like an actual new year a smidge bit more. And for a while I did keep track of all the changes I've made so I could see the progression throughout the years until I realized that there were too many changes at times in a single year. I mean hey, a girl can try something new, not be so fond of it, and go back to the way things were right? So no crime committed there.

Red has been one of my all time favorite colors! Is it because it makes everything look extra delicious? At least that's what studies have shown, but hey who knows? It's also one of those colors that are deemed more appropriate for your hair as opposed to having my parents waking up to me with bubble gum pink hair. But for the longest time, I have been resistant to go red since it's been known to be a hard color to maintain and because I wasn't ready to give up ash blonde quite yet. So what did I do? I decided to go deep red for the top part of my hair! What can I say, I love the assortment of colors when my hair is braided. Got to take advantage of having long hair y'know! Plus, my friend has been pushing for me to cosplay as Yoko from Gurren Lagann so now I'm part way there!
January 7th, 2016 - Brace face yo!
I'm officially able to convincingly tell people that I am a 14-year old attending college! haha! Although some of my friends tell me that I already looked like a 14-year old prior to having my braces, but claiming that I'm a 12-year old in college is a bit less convincing don't you think?
Anywho, Doc said it would take a minimum of six months with these bad boys on so, in keeping with my new year's resolution to be more optimistic, I'm going to have my fingers crossed and hope for the best. No harm in having a little bit of hope! Worst case, my college graduation photos would look more like junior high or high school graduation photos rather than college photos. But I guess that was somewhat inevitable already with me apparently having looked 14 years old already without the braces.
January 13th, 2016 - Happy Birthday Christina!
Went out to Applebee's (half price appetizers? yes, please!) for a small birthday celebration for a good friend of mines from high school. Applebee's? No shame in embracing our poor college lifestyle yo! But you know what's more evident of us being college students? As college students we are constantly trying to juggle all sorts of crazy tasks, whether it be homework, chores, our daily morning routines, etc., in an attempt to make the most of our time. So not only was this a small birthday celebration but it was also our last reunion before it was time for everyone to part ways and go back to college for the new term. And, and, and?! It was my first time being formally introduced to her man. Crazy how much we have all grown since high school days.
January 15th, 2016 - Star Wars movie date with "Big Head"
Did I really wait practically an entire month to finally watch the seventh episode of Star Wars? No, that's ridiculous! In fact, me and my other Star Wars obsessed buddies watched it on premiere night, paired with my first time ever trying Chipotle, surprisingly, which was admittedly pretty damn good even though my friends criticized me for suckering in for the veggie bowl simply because it included avocado at no extra cost. Ah-voh-cah-doh! yo! How could I possibly turn that option down?

Even with braces on for already a week by this day, I figured that it would be safe for me to order an avocado salad to eat. And man oh man, boy was I wrong. The avocados were sure enough ripe, but apparently not ripe enough for my teeth to handle. Good thing Big Head was also a huge avocado fan otherwise I would cry (more than I already was because I couldn't eat them) seeing them go to waste.
Long story short, me and Big Head here promised to watch the seventh episode of Star Wars together. However, some complications came up and I ended up losing contact with this geezer for a good two months. In which case, life moved on when miraculously out of the blues we got in touch together again and finally got around to fulfilling that promise on one of the last few days that the movie was going to be showing. See, miracles do happen! (:
January 18th, 2016 - Starbucks coffee date with "Big Head"
As an extreme coffee lover, it is unfortunate that there are so few coffee places around where I am. The only convenient ones being all Starbucks, which really isn't so bad but a nice local coffee shop would, no doubt, be super nice for occasions like this.

Last day that I would get to see this geezer, until who knows when, so we went out for a small intimate coffee date to catch up a bit on life. As hungry as he was, he still pushed for a coffee date knowing that my struggles to eat were so real with fresh braces on, which I appreciated so so SO much! Thank you, you old fart!
January 19th, 2016 - First day of the semester
Class sessions have officially resumed and I will admit, I was a bit down that I didn't get to encounter some super cool friends in any of my classes. Even running into them on campus in general proved to be quite the battle unless we actually scheduled a time and place to meet up.But you know what, there are still some pretty cool folks in my classes and none of my professors seem too one dimensional in terms of their personality so woohoo! Just got to stay on the positive side.

Going to fast-forward a bit through the days since classes make up for most of them, if you guys don't mind.
January 31st, 2016 - Summer in winter with coconut celebration
This winter is probably one of the most bipolar seasons yet. Just last weekend we were hit with a massive snow storm with some neighboring places getting two feet of snow, then just this past weekend it was literally like spring time with temperatures touching mid-60s. And as if that wasn't enough to make it feel like spring and summer time, my parents came home with fresh coconuts because they were apparently on sale at the supermarket. All that was left was to just simply kick back, soak in the warm sunny weather, drink up some nice refreshing coconut, and relax like I'm in Hawaii!
Thank you January, and the people who were in it, for a memorable and amazing month!

3 comments :

  1. wow! So beautiful! Poetic photos and texts.
    Nice post!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and glad you liked your visit Kristine!

    ReplyDelete